[XeTeX] Four Initial - General Problems with files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Apr 26 02:49:26 CEST 2008

On Apr 25, 2008, at 7:37 PM, snvv wrote:

> 1st. When I use the xy-pic package to produce some graphs the
> quality of the
> graph (especially the circle) is really bad. On the other had using
> tex the
> output is really nice either as dvi, ps or pdf.

Howdy,

How are you compiling the file? You should use TeX+Ghostscript to use
xy-pic since it produces Postscript. Put the line

%%!TEX TS-program = latex

as the first line of the file and the default compilation for that
file will be TeX+Ghostscript.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)