[XeTeX] Problem with MinionPro package and XeTeX?

Marc Penninga marcpenninga at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 09:48:17 CEST 2008

Hi group,

First of all, a big "thank you" to Jonathan, Will and everyone else who made
XeTeX the great tool it is. You rock!

I have, however, found a problem when trying to use the MinionPro package
with XeTeX. When I run XeTeX on this document:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{MinionPro}
\begin{document}
Pythagoras said $a^2+b^2=c^2$.
\end{document}

I get the following error message:

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600
MinionPro-RegularLCDFJ
Cannot find MinionPro-RegularLCDFJ.mf .
I try ps2pk --> gsftopk --> ttf2pk --> hbf2gf.
Cannot find MinionPro-RegularLCDFJ.tfm .

kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

** WARNING ** Could not locate a virtual/physical font for TFM
"MinionPro-Regular--lcdfj".
** WARNING ** >> This font is mapped to a physical font
"MinionPro-RegularLCDFJ".
** WARNING ** >> Please check if kpathsea library can find this font:
MinionPro-RegularLCDFJ
** ERROR ** Cannot proceed without .vf or "physical" font for PDF output...

Output file removed.

The file MinionPro-RegularLCDFJ.tfm does exist (this document compiles just
fine under pdftex; and in fact, I recall that it used to work under earlier
builds of XeTeX as well). Does anyone have any idea why XeteX fails to find
it? I'm running XeTeX 0.997 (Akira's windows port) on Windows 2000.

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Marc