[XeTeX] Kerning support

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Fri Apr 18 16:59:11 CEST 2008

BTW, Adobe is aware of the problem. It's unlikely that they will fix it
in the existing fonts, except by perhaps providing an alternate glyph
which has different kerning, but in the most recent fonts (Hypatia Sans
Pro, Arno Pro), they have taken a different approach on this particular
kerning issue.

If you want to avoid conflicts, you can always rename the entire font.
After dumping the OTF into XML using FontTools/TTX, you can safely do a
global search-replace from "Minion" to "MinionWas" or something like that.

Best,
Adam