[XeTeX] Kerning support

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 17 11:13:46 CEST 2008

Thanks

I think intercharacter tokens could be problematic (I don't currently have
them working either but that's because I'm using the distribution rather
than SVN version, SVN updates being not very straightforward to install on a
Windows system, as far as I can see).   I thought of making affected
characters live also, but that can lead to unpredictable results:  making
e.g. ' or < live can interfere with macros and even primitives like
\char'200.  So I think the most satisfactory solution would be to keep
kerning issues in their proper category rather than sneaking the solution in
by the back door as it were.

But all solutions are worth exploring of course.

Best

John