[XeTeX] xltxtra, fonts, and "Latin Modern Roman" at 10.0pt not loadable

David Rangel rangel at u.washington.edu
Mon Apr 14 16:49:45 CEST 2008

Hello,
I have updated to the latest version of TexLive (2007) and am running
with the
latest system fonts (mac OS 10.5).I am trying to work around the bug
in xltxtra
that issues the following error when using footnotes:
___________
! Font \zf at basefont="Latin Modern Roman" at 10.0pt not loadable:
Metric (TFM) f
ile or installed font not found.
\zf at fontspec ...ntname \zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
                                                   \unless \ifzf at icu
\zf at set@...
l.4 \setmainfont{Latin Modern Roman}
________________
Here is the source file:
____________________
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\setmainfont{Latin Modern Roman}
\setsansfont{Latin Modern Sans}
\setmonofont{Latin Modern Mono}
\begin{document}
A test of footnotetest\footnote{a test of xltxtra}.
\end{document}
Ulrike Fischer suggested that I added the set font commands and that I
might not have the newest version of the open type version of the
latin modern
fonts.  How does one determine what version of Latin Modern one has
and what it is called?  If I use Times for the fonts, everything
works, so
Ulrike's diagnosis must be correct.  I believe I just need the name of
the Roman, Sans and Mono modern fonts.  How do the \setmainfont
and \setkomafont commands interact?