[XeTeX] : Re: wrong uccode of ß

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Apr 14 14:05:52 CEST 2008

Am 14.04.2008 um 13:47 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
> the document Martin mentioned
> (http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2888.pdf) doesn't make the
> impression as if they ever considered "SS" to be a possible shape for
> "Capital ß".

Such a design is useless. ß is not a form of ss, but something like
sz. The uppercase ligature should therefore be able to show these
roots – unless there is a tradition of an uppercase sz that has
different roots. SS or the Ss title case are no such roots. They are
brain damaged substitutes from an ancient 7-bit computer era.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

neither do we.