[XeTeX] pointing angle brackets

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 15:23:49 CEST 2008

On 09/04/2008, at 10:20 PM, Peter Baker wrote:
> Tho' it may be off-topic, if anyone can say what the difference (in
> design or functionality) is supposed to be between the angle
> brackets at
> U+2329 U+2330 and the mathematical angle brackets at U+3008 and U
> +3009,
> it would be very useful.

I'd love to see a document that actually discusses the (intended) use
of all of the unicode glyphs, since I'm certain the information exists
somewhere (they're very rigourous about this sort of thing when adding
glyphs to the standard). The Unicode Book is good but usually misses
detail in cases like this.