[XeTeX] Many warnings when compile beamer presentation using XeLaTex

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Apr 7 19:04:37 CEST 2008

On 7 avr. 08, at 18:22, Steven Woody wrote:

> It is really a nightmare, I went to translate those Chinese statements
> into English line by line to make it suitable to your compiling.  Did
> some translation, I did some compile to ensure the warnings are still
> there.  But when I completed 1/2 of the job, the warning go disapear.
> That is, if I present a total english file to you, that will be okay
> with no warning.  But if I put my Chinese back in, the warning will
> surely pop up.  Wired!  I almost give up and go to bed ... It's 0:21am
> in China :(

Sorry, I wasn't trying to impose more stress on you. Regarding the
platform you're on, by inspecting your previous messages in this
thread I found

(c:/TeXLive2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/hdvipdfm.def

which seems to indicate your OS is Windows and your TeX distribution
is TeXLive.

The problem is these font declarations:

\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text,BoldFont=Adobe Heiti Std]{Adobe Song Std}
\setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text,BoldFont=Adobe Heiti Std]{AR PL ZenKai
Uni}

which seem to call

Adobe Song Std
Adobe Heiti Std
AR PL ZenKai Uni

As far as I can tell these are commercial fonts. On Mac OS X I don't
have them and hence can't compile your document and can't help. There
are other Chinese fonts, but not the above ones. Or are these standard
Windows fonts?

Bruno Voisin