[XeTeX] Many warnings when compile beamer presentation using XeLaTex

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Sun Apr 6 18:09:04 CEST 2008

Am Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:43:00 +0800 schrieb Steven Woody:

> Hi,
>
> I am using XeLaTex to compile a beamer document.  The full document is
> listed in the last part of this message (sorry for I don't tranlate
> those chinese characters in the file because that is tedious ),

Yes, it is tedious to minimize a document. But one the whole I would
prefer if you do this work instead of hoping that the other do it for
you. Your problem can be reproduce with a more simpler document:

\documentclass[hyperref={bookmarksopen=false,pdfstartview=FitH}
    ]{beamer}

\hypersetup{
    pdfcreator  = pdflatex,
    pdfproducer = pdflatex,
    pdfpagemode = FullScreen
}

\begin{document}

\begin{frame}
\end{frame}

\end{document}

> ** WARNING ** Unknown token "SDict"
>
> ** WARNING ** Interpreting PS code failed!!! Output might be broken!!!
>
> ** WARNING ** Interpreting special command ps: (ps:) failed.

You have some ps code there. So a package is loading a unsuitable
driver. A look in log-file shows that hyperref loads the driver dvips.
Add the option dvipdfm to the hyperref options.

\documentclass[hyperref={dvipdfm,bookmarksopen=false,pdfstartview=FitH}
    ]{beamer}

--
Ulrike Fischer