[XeTeX] Restoring text to the default English font in Latex/fontspec/Bidi

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Sat Sep 22 15:56:47 CEST 2007

Jon,

This behaviour is no doubt due to your using version 0.996 or earlier of
XeTeX. See § 1.1 of the bidi documentation:
http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/getFile.py?fn=/macros/xetex/latex/bidi/bidi.pdf
On my system your example comes out correctly (I use XeTeX 0.996-patch1
which is a bugfix release of the stable 0.996 version that comes with
TeXLive 2007). However I had to define \setromanfont otherwise fontspec
complains with several error messages. So you should definitely try to
update to the latest development version, which is not difficult on
Linux or Mac if you follow the instructions on the XeTeX webpage.

Best,

Franّçois