[XeTeX] "[zf]prepareseRendererATT,ICU"

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Sep 19 01:15:36 CEST 2007

On 19 Sep 2007, at 12:03 am, Barbara Shirtcliff wrote:

> Will Robertson writes:
> | On 9/18/07, Barbara Shirtcliff <bshirt2 at uic.edu> wrote:
> | > I'll try updating my XeTeX to the "bleeding edge," but,
> meanwhile, if
> | > anyone has any idea why I'm getting this message on my
> documents, ....
> |
> | This is coming directly from some terrible problem in fontspec. But
> | there's no way I can track it down without some help. Can you reduce
> | your document to the minimal possible example that still
> demonstrates
> | the problem? Get rid of *as much* text and macros and packages as
> you
> | possibly can, and I'll have a chance at seeing where the problem is.
> |
> | Hope this helps,
> | Will
>
> I think I found the culprit:
>
> LaTeX Warning: You have requested, on input line 39, version
>                `2005/05/07' of package xkeyval,
>                but only version
>                `2005/01/30 v2.0 package option processing (HA)'
>                is available.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that'll be causing the problem.

If the MacPorts TeX package includes old versions of packages like
this, I'd suggest you consider trying gwTeX or MacTeX instead, both
of which are much more up-to-date. You could also send a problem
report to the MacPorts TeX maintainers, whoever they are, asking them
to update their distribution.