[XeTeX] little question

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Sep 17 10:10:59 CEST 2007

On 17 Sep 2007, at 8:46 am, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 17 sept. 07 à 04:39, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
>
>> Thanks to Peter and Will. I've now got local copies of the sources.
>> Haven't tried to build yet but I'll start to take a look at things as
>> time permits.
>
> Just one thing: as Peter Dyballa mentioned, you'll need libkpathsea
> to build xdvipdfmx. On the Mac it's not provided with MacTeX, you
> need gwTeX instead.

Or if you build xetex first, you can use the copy from that build
process.

> personally I won't try to update anything and stay content
> with the latest XeTeX release (meaning, on the Mac, that included in
> MacTeX), until a new release is provided including all those changes
> in a fully consistent way.

Sorry, things have been moving slowly; I keep hoping to wrap up a new
release, and then get pulled away to work on other stuff. And right
now there's a newly-discovered issue in xdvipdfmx that really needs
to be fixed first (incorrect scaling of certain types of JPEG
pictures). One day soon......