[XeTeX] little question

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 14:57:54 CEST 2007

On 15/09/2007, at 16:44 , Will Robertson wrote:

> On 15/09/2007, at 2:52 , jadolov k wrote:
>
>> Yes, it works!!!!
>> I have a lot of footnotes in my text, every footnote reference
>> number was marked with a \addfontfeature command, and so it was
>> very slow. Now it is going like a flash!
>
> I wonder if that's indicating some sort of problem in fontspec
> where it shouldn't be defining a new font family but actually is.
> I'll keep an eye out for something broken in there...

Sigh. Yes. There was a one letter typo -- good old gdef :) -- in
fontspec that caused it to not realise when it shouldn't be defining
a new font family. The version in the SVN repository fixes this
problem, although I don't actually know how much this will change how
fast your document compiles.

All the best,
Will