[XeTeX] Using tipa.sty with XeLaTeX

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Sep 11 13:35:06 CEST 2007

>>      is  \textlhtlongi   U+0196  or  U+01AA  or something else ?
>
>                                                    since it is not
> standardised in Unicode this glyph can simply be a relict.

  It *is* standardized; it's the same character, U+027F, with a
different glyph form. And I insist that \textlhtlongi should be the
representative glyph for U+027F in favour of \textlhti, like I said in
my previous mail.

>                                        It was (or still is?) used
> with Chinese and other Sino-Tibetan languages,

  It is; it's the apical dental vowel (transcribed in IPA with U+007A U+0329),
and it corresponds to the letter i in pinyin after the consonants z, c, and s.

> Wasting time is an important part of living.

  Yeah, sure.

	Arthur