[XeTeX] Using tipa.sty with XeLaTeX

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Sep 11 01:06:11 CEST 2007

Hi Jonathan,

On 11/09/2007, at 8:46 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 10 Sep 2007, at 11:25 pm, Ross Moore wrote:
>> As a result of this thread I have prepared a small modification to
>>   xunicode.sty (ver 0.9), but won't release it for a few days yet,
>> in case there is more that should be done, resulting from expert
>> advice.
> While you're considering updates to xunicode.sty, have you reviewed
> the discussion (somewhere back in the list archives) regarding the
> Cyrillic characters? It would be nice to have those included for the
> sake of the Babel packages that use LaTeX names to spell out Russian
> captions, etc.

Fair enough.

Do you mean this message:

Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:45:53 +0400
From: Evgenie Medvedev <medvedev at project7.ru>
Subject: [XeTeX] An (almost) complete cyrunicode.tex
<xetex at tug.org>

in which Evgenie provides a file cyrunicode.tex
including a list of declarations:

%% Basic cyrillic letters for Russian.

Certainly I could include this directly in  xunicode.sty .
--- with  Evgenie's  permission, of course.

You think it best to have all this in one file?
Or is it better to have a package option that causes
   cyrunicode.tex  to be read after normal loading?

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au