[XeTeX] Updating XeTeX (plain) for PS Tricks

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Sep 8 11:41:04 CEST 2007

In another thread you said <http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2007-
September/007339.html>:

> I run it from the command line, but haven't yet made the adjustment
> recommended ages ago by Jonathan which would generate the PDF in
> the same
> directory as the source file (at present it pops up in the same
> directory as
> the XeTeX program itself).  That's just a matter of my own
> housekeeping,
> though, and it couldn't (I think) make any difference to the
> situation.

I wonder whether your particular setup (i.e. generating output files
in the same directory as the xetex binaries, instead of the same
directory as your input file) isn't causing a permission problem:
some auxiliary files which should be created in the output directory
as part of the operation of pstricks and xdvipdfmx can't, because the
program willing to write to that directory hasn't the permission to
do so.

Bruno Voisin