[XeTeX] Updating XeTeX (plain) for PS Tricks

caapv 208 caapv208 at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Sep 8 11:02:13 CEST 2007

--- John Was <john.was at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I think I've installed the correct binaries now but
> still have no luck with PS Tricks - as before, the
> file processes and a PDF is produced, but with
> blanks where some PSTrickery should be happening
> (and as before, the one thing that does work is that
> \rput commands do move bits of text physically
> around the page as expected).  The only thing
> outstanding (after which I'll just give up if it
> doesn't work!) is the correct setting of
> template_distiller in the dvipdfmx.cfg file.  The
> version of that file in the 'xetex-dev' zipped
> archive doesn't work, and indeed is date-stamped
> 2005, so I guess it's rather a question of adding or
> adjusting some entries in the current TL version of
> the file?  Can anyone let me know what these should
> be, or point me to a version of the file with the
> correct settings in place?

I believe Akira's version of dvipdfmx.cfg should work
out of box, although I don't have an access to Windows
box to make my statement verified.
Are you sure you are using correct pstricks.con for
xdvipdfmx?  Your log files must have lines like
(/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/xetex/xetex-pstricks/pstricks.con
(/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/generic/xetex-pstricks/xetex-pstricks.con))
Yes, the first line doen't have closing parenthesis,
while the second has 2.  Please check this first.

> Best
>

> John

Regards,
SMiyata