[XeTeX] Updating XeTeX (plain) for PS Tricks

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 8 09:19:50 CEST 2007

I think I've installed the correct binaries now but still have no luck with PS Tricks - as before, the file processes and a PDF is produced, but with blanks where some PSTrickery should be happening (and as before, the one thing that does work is that \rput commands do move bits of text physically around the page as expected).  The only thing outstanding (after which I'll just give up if it doesn't work!) is the correct setting of template_distiller in the dvipdfmx.cfg file.  The version of that file in the 'xetex-dev' zipped archive doesn't work, and indeed is date-stamped 2005, so I guess it's rather a question of adding or adjusting some entries in the current TL version of the file?  Can anyone let me know what these should be, or point me to a version of the file with the correct settings in place?

Best

John