[XeTeX] Updating XeTeX (plain) for PS Tricks

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 7 09:56:01 CEST 2007

Hi

On looking properly at what I had done to get PSTricks to work with XeTeX, I realized that I had only made the change specified in the PSTricks support page - viz. replacing the TeXLive version of the file pstricks.con with a special version for the  xdvipdfmx  driver.

So I think I now have to upgrade the driver itself but I can't immediately see where to do this - basically all I need to know is what files to download and where to put them in the TeXLive installation.

I'm not sure either what changes I have to make to dvipdfmx.cfg to configure the distiller_template option properly but perhaps that will be explained when I find the correct version of the driver.

Of course, if it's still the case that PSTricks will only work properly with LaXeTeX and not the plain version, I'm better off not tinkering with anything and learning a new illustration package - though I'm reluctant to do this for various reasons (not just middle age!).

Best

John