[XeTeX] math

Scott Murman smurman at segosha.net
Thu Sep 6 16:49:10 CEST 2007

On Sep 5, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> As an example, I'm attaching a PDF that shows a small equation set
> entirely in Cambria, and then the same thing set in a mixture of
> Minion Pro (alphanumerics) and Cambria (large operators, etc). The
> spacing (e.g. of "f(x)") is sometimes less than ideal...

Jonathon, how much more work is it to input the symbols with unicode,
rather than tex?  one of the love-hate issues with tex is the math
input - i.e. \pi is fast and easy to remember, whereas Ctl-Alt-
Shift-6 is never going to catch on.  my understanding is that there
is a brave group trying to map input method 2 to input method 1 for
general work.  is this correct?

-SM-