[XeTeX] math

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 11:11:35 CEST 2007

>Unicode is not enough to typeset math on its own. And few fonts
>include the correct maths glyphs in their correct spots. I've been
>unfortunately too busy to do much work on unicode maths recently.
>Maybe when the STIX fonts are released that will spur my
>efforts...hopefully!
Indeed Unicode is not enough, but most existsing fonts do not include many
Unicode characters. In fact, even CambriaMath does not include many such
characters. As far it regards the math table, only recently FontForge provided
full support for the construction of MATH tables, which is a really complicated task.
I am working on a new OpenType font that contains most of the PX Math symbols
and right now supports many features, but as I said it is work in progress.
Nevertheless, if anyone wants to experiment with this font, I can send him/her
a copy to evaluate it.

Kind regards,
A.S.

*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : asyropoulos (at) yahoo (dot) com                  *
*phone num.: +30-2541-028704                                   *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *
*blog : http://asyropoulos.wordpress.com/                      *