[XeTeX] math

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 00:32:41 CEST 2007

On 06/09/2007, at 7:23 , Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 05.09.2007 um 19:35 schrieb Michael Zedler:
>
>> Is something of this kind possible with xetex's special packages?
>
> No. The Fourier package won't work with XeTeX or XeLaTeX.
>
>> Or would I have to resort to a manual, vf-based solution similar to
>> what fouriernc does?
>
> Virtual fonts do not work in XeTeX.

XeTeX has no problem with virtual fonts.
At the moment on the Mac, the xdv2pdf driver does not work with
virtual fonts, but xdvipdfmx does and it will be the default in the
next release.

>> Or is there some even better approach to typeset math with Meta?
>
> Simply use Unicode! In (La)TeX and in font.

Unicode is not enough to typeset math on its own. And few fonts
include the correct maths glyphs in their correct spots. I've been
unfortunately too busy to do much work on unicode maths recently.
Maybe when the STIX fonts are released that will spur my
efforts...hopefully!

It is vaguely possible to load fourier, then replace the math
alphabet symbols by the glyphs in Meta, but I don't have a solution
cooked up for you yet :(

All the best,
Will