[XeTeX] Xetex on linux as a batch generation tool

Paul Howson paul-lists at tdgq.com.au
Mon Sep 3 22:05:29 CEST 2007

On 03/09/2007, at 10:17 PM, Sebastian Hanigk wrote:

> I have successfully installed TeXLive 2007 (with XeTeX included) on
> Solaris 10 (AMD64, I have compiled the binaries myself) without much
> trouble; usage of fonts is handled via fontconfig, i.e. either put
> your fonts in a system-wide shared directory like /opt/csw/share/
> fonts or locally into ~/.fonts, run fc-cache from the fontconfig
> library and you're done. Under Linux it should most probably suffice
> to install TeXLive.
>
> The TeXLive fontspec package is a bit outdated, install it from CTAN
> into your texmf-local tree.

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for that reply.

Are you generating pdfs from the output of xetex? Can you describe
how this works and whether you encountered any problems with pdf
generation? What kind of fonts have you used with xetex on this
installation?

Paul Howson.

Paul Howson
The Design Group Qld, Warwick Qld Australia (www.tdgq.com.au)