[XeTeX] XeLaTeX and graphics

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 18 17:52:37 CEST 2007

On Oct 18, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 18 Oct 2007, at 3:42 pm, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I know that I can easily include pdf images in a xelatex document
>> using the graphicx package. What other formats are available for
>> direct inclusion?
>
> Recommended formats are JPEG and PNG. I think BMP (a Windows bitmap
> format) is also supported, IIRC.
>
> JK

Howdy,

Thanks for the information. Basically it sounds like the set accepted
by pdftex.

Should I get in touch with the folks that support the epstopdf
package? That package should (using --shell-escape) let the graphicx
package create a pdf of the eps file, if one doesn't already exist,
and then include the pdf file. It seem to fail when using xelatex and
I suspect that the package is doing ``driver sniffing'' and doesn't
support xetex.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)