[XeTeX] Grave accent character U0060 in XeTeX?

J P Blevins jpb39 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 16 12:33:57 CEST 2007

I hope that this is not too far off-topic, but can anyone suggest a
strategy for printing a grave accent character (not as a combining
diacritic) in XeTeX. I realize that this is a more general TeX issue
and that the character is not used in typesetting, but it is used in
the Finno-Ugric IPA, and the smart single quote alternative is used
with an opposite meaning ...

I would be prepared to give up the use of ` ' to enter single quotes,
if necessary, but it would be nice to be able to represent the smart
quote in the text font (Aldus nova, in this case).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

  Jim