[XeTeX] FontSite 500 fonts and XeTeX

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Oct 12 13:10:23 CEST 2007

On Oct 12, 2007, at 6:26 AM, R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar wrote:

> Because these are not OTF fonts, invoking their features as
> suggested in the
> fontspec manual does not give the expected results.

Because they are ordinary TTF fonts w/ 8-bit encodings, they don't
have any of the features desired.

They're also no-name knock-offs for the most part and I've found that
they have kerning and spacing issues and problems w/ encodings (esp.
accents).

There're lots of better typefaces w/ clear provenance and imprimatur
--- better to use something which actually benefits the people who
created the original designs.

William

--
William Adams