[XeTeX] Problems with Adobe Arno Pro

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Oct 9 15:03:34 CEST 2007

On 9 Oct 2007, at 1:37 pm, Adam Twardoch wrote:

> jadolov k wrote:
>> I want to use the opentype font Arno Pro (found in the latest release
>> of Adobe Creative Studio), but something is wrong with it: when I try
>> to add the OT feature Numbers=OldStyle, it ignores it. is it my fault
>> or font's or XeTeX's?
> I think that's because Numbers=OldStyle does not specify an OT feature
> but an AAT feature, and Arno Pro only has OT features.

No, his test document is using the fontspec package, which maps this
user-readable feature request to the OpenType tag.

This works for me with the current xetex code from SVN, so I suspect
it's a problem that has been fixed since the TeXLive release. I seem
to remember there was an issue with newer Adobe fonts, because of
changes in how they're building the OpenType tables, but don't recall
the details offhand.