[XeTeX] Problem in Windows XP

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Oct 3 23:27:59 CEST 2007

On 3 Oct 2007, at 2:46 pm, Juan Acevedo wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have installed XeTeX with Akira Kakuto's w32TeX and I am running
> xelatex
> from the terminal (command prompt) on a minimal file that compiles
> fine in
> Linux. Everything seems to go well, and the log file even finishes
> saying
> "Output written on xetest.pdf (1 page)"
> Now, this pdf is nowhere to be found in my computer.
> And in the command prompt I do get the following very strange error
> message,
> pasted directly from the command prompt:
>
> "Output written on xetest.pd'cmd' is not recognized as an internal or
> external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> f (1 page).
> Transcript written on xetest.log."
>
> Please note how it seems to interrupt itself at "xetest.pd" and
> then, after
> complaining about 'cmd',  continue with "f (1 page)."

It looks like xetex is trying to use something called 'cmd' as the
output driver to generate PDF, rather than the default xdvipdfmx. Are
you using an -output-driver option? You shouldn't normally need one
unless you have special requirements, and if so you'd need to give
the correct driver name (and options), not the literal CMD shown as a
placeholder in xetex's help message.