[XeTeX] Overfull \hbox with Japanese manuscript

Akihiro Moriguchi amoriguchi at y4.dion.ne.jp
Thu Nov 29 03:41:24 CET 2007

caapv 208 wrote:
> --- Akihiro Moriguchi <amoriguchi at y4.dion.ne.jp> wrote:
>
>> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>> I have problem with
>> overfull error like below.
>>>>
>>> You need "\XeTeXlinebreaklocale ja" in your
>> document to enable
>>> linebreaking for japanese.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> It works!
>
> If you can read Japanese, reading
> http://oku.edu.mie-u.ac.jp/~okumura/texwiki/?XeTeX
> is highly recommended. The page seems neither complete
> nor up to date, but it covers the basic usage.

Thank you for your reference.
ありがとうございます。

After receiving Wolfgang's reply,
I googled about "\XeTeXlinebreaklocale" and
reach to your reference, 奥村先生のTeX Wiki.

Although I'm quite beginner in TeX, I'm happy with XeTeX that
is so straight forward as I can follow "The TEXbook"
in Japanese manuscript.

Akihiro