[XeTeX] Output file removed; Output written on...

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 28 22:37:58 CET 2007

Am 28.11.2007 um 19:00 schrieb maxwell:

>> fc-list | grep Nafees
>    Nafees Nastaleeq v1.01:style=Regular
>
> The command in my XeTeX file is:
>    \newfontface\urdufont[Script=Arabic]{Nafees Nastaleeq v1.01}

Does it work when you leave away the version information? Can you
check with FontForge or such what this font's family name is? And can
you also check whether this font has Arabic language support?

Final question: is Nafees Nastaleeq an OpenType font? IMO only
OpenType and maybe AAT fonts have the feature of script support. But
that won't affect fc-list, I think ... So I'd try also with leaving
away the [Script=Arabic] option. (The TrueType LanguageID seems to be
a hint for a text processor that this font's glyphs cover a
particular MS Code Page or classic Mac OS encoding.)

BTW, fc-list allows to select by particular elements. For example fc-
list :lang=ar would select only fonts with some Arabic support, may
it be some MS Code Page or some Mac Arabic encoding.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Some day we may discover how to make magnets that can point in any
direction.