[XeTeX] XeTeX, Persian, Page Numbers, Footnote Numbers

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Nov 28 12:41:21 CET 2007

Le 28 nov. 07 à 12:15, Ali Majdzadeh a écrit :

> By the way, Persian numbers are axactly the same as Arabic.

Depends on what you mean by "arabic", I guess.

What's called arabic numbers in Europe (where I live) are 0, 1, 2, 3,
etc. But a friend of mine who spent one year in Syria showed me what
the numbers used there are, and these are completely different
numbers. So I really wonder what the term "arabic" used in Europe for
0, 1, 2, etc. refers to. That's why I spoke of "so-called "arabic"" in
my message for these numbers.

Now, if I interpret your message correctly, you mean Persian numbers
are the same as those used in Syria, for example?

Bruno