[XeTeX] Pdf files not included

Till Rettig till.rettig at gmx.de
Fri Nov 23 19:55:28 CET 2007

Hello,

I have a really strange problem I have no clue how to handle: If I
include a pdf file with xelatex using \includegraphic, it doesn't show
up, though the log clearly states it has been used:

(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/ngermanb.ldf)) (./xetex.aux)
[1] <use  "textimalli-probe.pdf" >
Overfull \hbox (159.37689pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 22--25
[][]

The included file is another text file produced some times earlier with
xelatex. When I run pdflatex, the pdf shows up, with xelatex not.
I attach the file and two pdfs showing the output. The file size shows
clearly that the pdf doesn't get included when using xelatex.

Pngs and jpgs are no problem.

System is ubuntu gutsy's texlive 2007

Hope somebody has a clue!

Greetings