[XeTeX] Persian and Xetex

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:02:03 CET 2007

Dear John,

Thanks you for your remark: in fact I am using Mail.app on Mac OS X
10.5.1 and, as far as I can judge by my experience, my application is
fully configured for unicode, but since you could see Loeghman's
Persian text and I couldn't this is a further indication that that
text was not in Unicode.
Just to make a test, below I am writing a few words in Unicode with
other languages: could you please tell me if they appear correctly?

Persian:
این واژہ بہ فارسی است

Simplified Chinese
这是中文