[XeTeX] fontspec, fractions, and parens

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon Nov 19 20:30:38 CET 2007

Hi Will,

On 19/11/2007, at 9:55 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

> Yep. There's also the Numerator and Denominator VerticalPosition
> features. Then you'd glue them together with a fraction slash glyph.
> See xltxtra's \vfrac for a macro that will create arbitrary "vulgar"
> fractions if the font supports it...

OK. I wasn't aware that this was possible. Very neat!

Looking at coding in  xltxtra.sty , what is the purpose of
lines like the following? (3 instances, connected with
super/subscripts and fractions)

        \c at zf@script 1818326126\relax

It looks like these are setting a particular value for a counter,
but where is this counter ever used?

> Will

Cheers,

	Ross