[XeTeX] Xetex Win32

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Nov 17 22:33:54 CET 2007

Le 17 nov. 07 à 21:55, jropers at freesurf.fr a écrit :

> I face a strange problem using XeLaTeX under win32.
> The same document compiles perfectly on one computer, whereas on
> another
> computer with the very same configuration of Xetex (copied from the
> other computer, fc-cache updated), the compilation always end with
> "Output file removed" and no pdf.
> The log is of no help to me.
> XeLaTeX worked fine with this machine before I had to reinstall the
> OS.
> Both machines have the same font directory.

That message (Output file removed) together with test.log seem to
indicate the problem is with xdvipdfmx, not XeTeX itself. XeTeX
produces a file test.xdv in XDVI format, and transparently invokes
xdvipdfmx to convert it to PDF format (then erase the XDV file). The
log file test.log "documents" only the compilation by XeTeX, not that
by xdvipdfmx.

You could try to run in sequence:

xelatex -no-pdf test.tex
xdvipdfmx -vv test.xdv

I'm afraid I can't be of more help, as I'm on the Mac, not Windows.

Bruno Voisin