[XeTeX] small caps in Apple Pages vs XeLaTeX

Faisal Moledina faisal.moledina at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 17:50:32 CET 2007

Hey all,

I'm getting back into TeX after a number of months hiatus. I'm stuck
on something quite elementary. Why is it that I can chose small caps
in Apple Pages for a font like Georgia and can't select for
Letters=SmallCaps in fontspec? If I run the AAT-info.tex for Georgia,
I get that there are no features. Why is it that it works in Pages
then?

This is a combination of curiosity and dismay that I don't own many
fonts that have built-in features to take full advantage of fontspec.

Faisal