[XeTeX] problem with outertheme and color of frametitle

Berteun Damman berteun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 23:10:34 CET 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 3:10 PM, Stefan Pohl <stefan.pohl at ish.de> wrote:
> I have a problem with xetex and the beamer package. If I specify the sidebar
> left like this
>
> \useoutertheme[left,width=1cm]{sidebar}
> \setbeamercolor{sidebar left}{bg=grey}
>
> I cannot any longer specify the color of the frametitle
>
> \setbeamercolor{frametitle}{fg=blue, bg=orange}
>
> What can I do to solve this conflict?

What problem do you have exactly? If I run it with either xelatex or
pdflatex the error I get is:
! Package xcolor Error: Undefined color `grey'.

Changing grey to gray makes the document compile fine, and it seems to
work alright. I don't see any xetex specific problems. Perhaps you
could supply an xcolor=<> option to the beamer package (see p. 16 of
the manual) to make it recognize more names.

Berteun