[XeTeX] Asking for help on using Charis SIL font with XeTeX

Yoshi Fujino y.fujinolon at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:25:41 CET 2007

Dear XeTeX mailing list members,

I am new to the use of Charis SIL font (CharisSILR.ttf for instance)
in a TeX document. I use XeTeX as a part of MikTeX. I know how to use
TIPA with LaTeX2e but do not know about using the Charis SIL font with
XeTeX.

I have been looking around, including the SIL International.org site,
some detailed instructions or tutorials on where to place Charis font
in a MikTeX folder and how to write preambles and how to render symbol
in a TeX document.

I am very appreciated any useful information.

Y.F.