[XeTeX] Xelatex, TL2007 not working on Mac (solved)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 12 18:43:08 CET 2007

Am 12.11.2007 um 17:50 schrieb rhino64:

> I have had to update Babel with the latest version of CTAN in order
> to be able to typeset (with TeX 8bits) texts in latin.

I never had to do so – since decades (TeX 3.0) I am writing 8 bits
wide, starting with a proprietary extension in 2.9x.

A conventional LaTeX header like

	\usepackage{ifpdf}
	\ifpdf
	   \immediate\write16{\jobname: Bonjour, PDF!}
	   \usepackage{cmap}
	%   \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.png,.gif,.tif,.jpeg}	% just recording
	   \usepackage[activate={true,nocompatibility}]{microtype}
	\else							%  for non-pdfTeX
	   \immediate\write16{¡Hola \jobname: DVI!}
	%   \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.eps,.ps}		% just recording
	   \usepackage[protrusion=true,expansion=false]{microtype}
	\fi
	\usepackage[ngerman,frenchb]{babel}
	\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
	\usepackage[full]{textcomp}
	\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}

should work from end of installation. What were your Babel problems?
Custom formats and a particular lanuguage/hyphenation table not
loaded? The babel files are from 2005 and earlier ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

The mathematician who pursues his studies without clear views of this
matter, must often have the uncomfortable feeling that his paper and
pencil surpass him in intelligence.
                                            Ernst Mach