[XeTeX] Smart quotes in Leopard

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 03:01:51 CET 2007

On 10/11/2007, at 0:34 , Andrew Arana wrote:

> This is just using automatic smart quotes.

Some AAT fonts have smart quotes built-in (also see Palatino) so
typing "string" will give you “string” in the output. This is nice in
a GUI program but not so useful (or even confusing) for XeTeX. If
I've understood you right, then I can only guess how smart quotes are
applied within XeTeX has changed between Tiger and Leopard.

If you have source full of "..." for quoting, then you can use the
LaTeX package csquotes to turn them into real quotation marks.

Hope this helps,
Will