[XeTeX] two questions

Jeong Dalyoung haksan at mac.com
Tue Nov 6 13:25:03 CET 2007

Dear Mojca,

Thank you for your instruction.

> Yes. You can delete the second option from
>    @@runoptions['xetex']   = ['--8bit','-output-driver="xdvipdfmx -E
> -d 4 -V 5"']
> in scripts/context/ruby/base/tex.rb

I deleted the second option as you told and run the XeTeX+ConTeXt.
The reason I want to use xdv2pdf is that XeTeX and XeLaTeX run well
without problem.

After testing several files, I got following results.

1. It showed korean letters clearly for most Korean fonts including
commercial ones except one commercial font.
2. On the other hand, math expressions appeared partially correct. The
exponents and indices used wrong form of characters.

I don't want to modify anymore. It will make more problems as you
said. I assume that there are some inconsistency among Leopard,
xdvipdfmx, XeConTeXt.

I'd like to use some fonts which are good for xdvipdfmx, Leopard for a
while.
If I have something more, I'll let you know.

Thank you again.

Best regards,
Dalyoung