[XeTeX] [NTG-context] ec-lmr12 not loadable: Metric (TFM) file

Dalyoung Jeong haksan at mac.com
Mon Nov 5 09:30:44 CET 2007

Dear Mojca,

Thank you for the reply. As you did, I send my problem to the list. I
think that I am a problem maker.

I wonder why the output of XeTeX+ConTeXt was changed after the upgrade
to Leopard.
I didn't change anything in TeX system. I just upgraded the OSX.
But nicely working XeTeX+ConTeXt had a problem with the korean
commercial fonts.(no korean letters were  appeared.)

I installed TeXlive using i-installer(gwTeX) with Mac OSX Leopard,
Latest stable ConTeXt, XeTeX 0.996

I made a short test file and a typescript file for the test.
I have tested in several ways.

1. In XeTeX, everything is OK.  Korean letters and greek capitals are
appeared well. I thinkt that it used xdv2pdf.

This is XeTeXk, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.996 (Web2C 7.5.6)
  file:line:error style messages enabled.
entering extended mode
(./test-font.tex [1] )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Mon Nov  5 16:56:15 graph.ssu.ac.kr xdv2pdf[21489] <Error>: WARNING:
Type1 font data returned by OFAStreamPSDownload isn't in the correct
format required by the Adobe Type 1Font Format specification.
Output written on test-font.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on test-font.log.

after adding \starttext and \stoptext
2. In XeTeX+ConTeXt, no ouput because of the korean commercial font.

[1
** NOTICE: This document contains a `Preview & Print only' licensed
font **
]
** ERROR ** CFF: Invalid character.

Output file removed.
Output written on test-font.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on test-font.log.

3.In XeTeX+ConTeXt without the definition of the korean commercial font:

No error messeges, defined korean font and greek capitals are appeared
well.
But korean letters(except the manually defined korean font) are
appeared as blanks. English letters are OK.

4. I used typescript file "type-xkor2.tex"

No error message. English letters are OK.
But  korean letters(except the manually defined korean font) and the
greek capitals are appeared as blanks.

I think that Leopard has a problem with xdvipdfmx. It is just my guess.

I attached test file and a typescript file. I used some commercial
fonts but they are freely distributed as demo at the following site: "www.softmagaic.co.kr
"  After connecting it, you can see "otf sm font" in the third
rectangle at the right side of the frame. You can download 5 fonts. I
used three of them in the typescript file and one of them in the test
file.

Thank you again.
Best regards,

Dalyoung