[XeTeX] letter.dabase.com

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sat Nov 3 17:03:03 CET 2007

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 11:25:16 +0100
 Yves Codet <ycodet at club-internet.fr> wrote:

> It doesn't work for me (on Mac OS X 10.4), as is shown in the  attached PDF. But if I remove "\XeTeXinputencoding{utf8}" the output  is correct.

Ah, OK.... I think there may have been a problem with the processing of \XeTeXinputencoding, which has since been corrected, so the result could depend on the version of xetex. Though I'm a bit surprised that I didn't see any error message relating to this in the original log file.

UTF-8 has always been the default for xetex, though, so there's no need to use this except in the (rare, I hope) situation of needing to read text in a legacy 8-bit codepage. (In general, I'd advise converting the source file to Unicode anyway.)