[XeTeX] pdfpages?

Andreas Matthias amat at kabsi.at
Fri Nov 2 23:54:20 CET 2007

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 02.11.2007 um 13:34 schrieb Andreas Matthias:
>
>> The problem is that both tikz and pdfpages try to load graphics.sty.
>> Tikz wants to get the dvipdfm driver (specified by the documentclass
>> option), whereas pdfpages needs the xetex driver. As I understand
>> it dvipdfm.def is a subset of xetex.def, so it should not hurt
>> to load xetex.def instead of dvipdfm.def when running XeTeX.
>> Is that correct?
>
> Not in my opinion. XeTeX is something unspecific producing an
> extended version of the well- or lesser known DeVice Independent file
> format, XDVI instead of old DVI. Then, at least on Mac OS X, you have
> the choice of two methods to convert XDVI to PDF: the default
> xdvipdfmx, that is dvipdfm related, or with the use of proprietary
> Apple machinery, Quartz. So the option ``dvipdfm´´ is clear while
> ``xetex´´ hides this, at least on Mac OS X. Outside, xdvipdfmx is the
> sole option ...

Actually, I was just talking about the graphics.sty drivers, i.e.
xetex.def versus dvipdfm.def. And I supposed that dvipdfm.def is
a subset of xetex.def, but I am not sure of that.

And there is no xdvipdfmx.def or xdv2pdf.def, isn't there?

I was not talking about the binaries dvipdfm, xdvipdfmx, and xdv2pdf.

Ciao
Andreas