[XeTeX] letter.dabase.com

Kai Hendry hendry at iki.fi
Fri Nov 2 15:19:54 CET 2007

On 01/11/2007, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:
> The idea of "just falling back" on a font doesn't really fit with TeX's level of typographic control; you get the font your document requests, no substitutes, no fallbacks. But you can certainly set up your format to use DejaVu, or you might like to try something like Gentium or Charis SIL (see http://scripts.sil.org/).

Thanks for the outstanding reply people. :)

I am after a font that has the *widest coverage*. Though I am sure the
letter(.dabase.com) format itself won't suit the locale (for some
time), I just want it to be able to mix and match CJK into my letters
for example. I remember Gentium not having as big as coverage as
Dejavu. Charis SIL does look good...

Though isn't fonts like Dejavu not really a font for printing? Or it
makes little or no difference between "print" and "on screen" worlds?

I am getting a little confused between all the font types like
OpenType or AAT, and how they relate to font rendering in Firefox.

Kind regards,