[XeTeX] pdfpages?

Andreas Matthias amat at kabsi.at
Fri Nov 2 13:34:46 CET 2007

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On 11/2/07, Easter Sunshine wrote:
>> Thanks, it looks like I have it working now. And
>> thanks for this useful and well-written package.
>>
>> The only small issue is that I had to take out the
>> dvipdfm option in my \documentclass declaration, so
>> now TiKZ doesn't work.
>>
>> The newest version of TiKZ should work with XeTeX, but
>> as you've already seen, I don't know much about
>> installing TeX packages. Hopefully, I won't break my
>> TeXLive since I have a paper due Monday.
>
> Does adding this line
>     \def\pgfsysdriver{pgfsys-dvipdfm.def}
> at the top of your document help?

Yes, that's one way to do it. But I think there should be another.

The problem is that both tikz and pdfpages try to load graphics.sty.
Tikz wants to get the dvipdfm driver (specified by the documentclass
option), whereas pdfpages needs the xetex driver. As I understand
it dvipdfm.def is a subset of xetex.def, so it should not hurt
to load xetex.def instead of dvipdfm.def when running XeTeX.
Is that correct?

Without specifying a driver as a documentclass option tikz tries to
load pgfsys-xetex.def which doesn't exist. But if dvipdfm.def is a
true subset of xetex.def then it shouldn't hurt to copy pgfsys-dvipdfm.def
to pgfsys-xetex.def. And simple tests did work.
Any objections?

Ciao
Andreas