[XeTeX] Including eps graphics

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 1 13:30:12 CET 2007

On Nov 1, 2007, at 7:12 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 01.11.2007 um 12:48 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> Do I need to update to a later version of xelatex or xdvipdfmx?
>
> No, just use properly: xelatex -shell-escape. The conversion of the
> graphics type is done externally.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>    Pete
>
> Rain is saved up in cloud banks.

Howdy,

I think this assumes you are using epstopdf to do the conversion.
Supposedly dvipdfm (and therefore xdvipdfmx) ``knows'' about eps
files and can include them directly. At least that's what I
understood from discussion on c.t.t. I think that's what the change
to xetex.def was supposed to correct.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)