[XeTeX] xltxtra wishlist

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed May 30 16:58:19 CEST 2007

On 30 May 2007, at 3:53 pm, caapv 208 wrote:

> --- Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:
>
>> Kerning adjustments should be done as part of a more
>> general
>> mechanism for overriding details of glyph selection
>> and placement in
>> OpenType fonts -- which has not yet been designed,
>> sorry.
>
> What about Graphite?

Well, you could use Graphite, but then you'd have to re-implement
whatever OpenType behavior was in the original font; what people are
hoping for some day is a way to *augment* an existing font with some
additional kern pairs or other customizations. We don't want to start
over from scratch, redefining all the behavior of Zapfino (for
example) just to add a kern pair.