[XeTeX] xltxtra wishlist

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 12:42:40 CEST 2007

On 30/05/2007, at 18:01 , Jjgod Jiang wrote:

> \XeTeXcharclass\Punct=\@@jop}
> [snip]
> \XeTeXinterchartoks\@@nchar\@@ideog = {\bJap}

Neat way to solve that problem!
(I assume it's efficient.)

Hang on. In a different context, that could also deal with kerning
adjustments...but that would mess up the whole "auto-alphabet"
switching. I wonder if the same internal idea could be used for per--
character-pair adjustments as well as fitting into the charclass
concept.

Anyway, I'd like to add this info to my XeTeX-reference document.
I still need to get around to documenting the new maths primitives, too.

Are these the only two primitives added for this feature?
What are the pre-defined charclasses?
(If ideograph = 1 and punctuation = 4 by default there must be more...)
What is the maximum number of charclasses possible?
I assume those equals signs are optional?
Finally, what's the syntax of that final toks argument? Can the
braces be omitted for a single token?

Cheers,
Will