[XeTeX] : Re: Ligatures and things

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Tue May 29 12:18:53 CEST 2007

Dear Jonathan

Many thanks for that quick response - I've been conscious all along that there must be documentation and resource files floating around that I've had trouble locating.  I yearn for the days of big fat bound instruction manuals!  But the advice you've given should be plenty to be going on with.  I'll try to get to the bottom of – and — in my input files not yielding true ens and ems.  In this experimental phase I'm just using Word's plain text format for input but I realize I'll soon have to move over to a proper Unicode text editor, and perhaps at least some of these glitches will disappear at that point.

Best

John